Monday, September 23, 2013

Introduction

Welcome to the "Announce the Kingdom" blog. This blog is going to document the journey my wife and I are taking to spread the good news of Jesus and make disciples.The reason we want to document it openly is because we know that it is hard, and many are discouraged because they feel they don't know what to do or what to say. We do want to emphasize that it's difficult. In fact, it's impossible. But, we have a God who does the impossible.

Why would you listen to me? I'm not really an expert, and I'm certainly no Billy Graham. We are just common people who really want to follow Jesus. That doesn't make us amazing; it means that Jesus is amazing. I think it would be good for us as a group to see ordinary people going through this journey who aren't employed by a church. It's good because I think sometimes we let others do the job, thinking that we really should let the professionals do this.

About the format of this blog: The last thing we want to do is make these articles and reports about patterns that are easy to repeat. Patterns sometimes make us less dependent on God because we feel like "we can do it ourselves" if we have a good pattern. Following Christ is never about being independent from God. We need His Holy Spirit everyday. We also need each other. God has worked a wealth of wisdom into the people of the church, and I hope that you will feel free to jump in and comment.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment